The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 Empty
PostSubject: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:06 pm

We have recently sourced an original brochure.

If anyone requires any information or data from it please ask Exclamation

JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 DSCF1073
Back to top Go down
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru
jag420g

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:31 am

Hi All

Does this sales brochure have a picture of the engine bay? as I would like to know what the nature of the yellow rectangular sticker is, that is draped over the black brake booster.
I am missing this sticker and if anyone out there can tell me what is written on it and also a second smaller one adjacent the brake fluid bottles, it would be very much appreciated.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The above is the best I can do with images so if anyone can tell me what is written on those 2 stickers and even perhaps where to obtain them it would be great.
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:04 am

Hi jag420G,

Yes it does have a picture of the engine bay.

But I need to see your images.

Please try to post them again.

On your post hit edit.

Then cut the link (ctrl + X) and hit the icon above the box you type in that you type in that looks like a paperclip.

Third in from the right.

Click in the top box next to the paperclip icon and then do a ctrl and V

Then hit Ok

Preview your picture it should be there Wink

Then send or do the same with your other link.

If you have problems email them to me - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We will get them posted and solve your problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru
jag420g

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Car-Nut wrote:
Hi jag420G,

Yes it does have a picture of the engine bay.

But I need to see your images.

Please try to post them again.

On your post hit edit.

Then cut the link (ctrl + X) and hit the icon above the box you type in that you type in that looks like a paperclip.

Third in from the right.

Click in the top box next to the paperclip icon and then do a ctrl and V

Then hit Ok

Preview your picture it should be there Wink

Then send or do the same with your other link.

If you have problems email them to me - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We will get them posted and solve your problem.

Car-Nut are you unable to view the photos? they're just of a brochure with the engine bay showing the stickers I'm after...
That's the best quality photo I've found, I was hoping that some one out there can read off their own car what these stickers say.. Again the stickers are located 1- On the brake booster (yellow strip) and one adjacent brake fluid bottles stuck below the bonnet peg lock housing.

If you would like to see snaps of my car you will have to go to this link as I am still unsure how to post them to this site--seems bit complicated to me.
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:54 pm

jag420g wrote:

Car-Nut are you unable to view the photos? they're just of a brochure with the engine bay showing the stickers I'm after...
That's the best quality photo I've found, I was hoping that some one out there can read off their own car what these stickers say.. Again the stickers are located 1- On the brake booster (yellow strip) and one adjacent brake fluid bottles stuck below the bonnet peg lock housing.

If you would like to see snaps of my car you will have to go to this link as I am still unsure how to post them to this site--seems bit complicated to me.

Charles,

I checked the brochure again, I can see

1) The yellow strip sticker but not whats on it Sad

2) I cant see those stickers.

I checked your car out on JL wow

Nice Ride Exclamation

I also sent you a Personal Message PM last night with the quickest way to post images Wink

Also details in Arrow The Forum Helpdesk

Back to your car stickers.

Have you tried SNG Barratt

They are all over the world, not sure of your location Question

I know they do original car stickers.

Keep us posted how you get on.

Also lets hear more about your car please Smile - It would be nice to see a thread started in "Members Projects" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru
jag420g

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Thanks Clive,
I have only looked at the sng decal catalog on the net and have made any inquiry to a decal seller from the UK on ebay and the best that i have come up with is the yellow background with THREE words written on it "LOCKHEED" STORE VERTICAL. Can this be correct? if it is I can get this sticker from England for about GBP2.00 but I'm thinking that it doesn't make sense that Jaguar would leave this sticker on a booster after it had been installed in a new car, and then to a showroom. I could understand if it were a spare part and sitting on a shelf so maybe I should be looking for someone who still has it on their car and could read me what it actually says.
I put the word out on JL but no-one responded. How sad.
With regards to the car, It has had absolutely obscenely horrendous, copious amounts of cash thrown at it. IMHO it would have to be the best 420G in Australia or close to it. A lot of the money was spent by the PO in the wrong places and I am still in the process of tidying up other peoples perception of what a restored car should be or rather their idea of what they would be happy with.
I guess what i'm trying to say is that my standards were much higher hence my continuing quest for perfection. It will never be totally original though,you may have noticed the xj40 transmission lever in the center console--beautiful 4 speed box which can be driven manually makes a huge difference to the big G and also adds an extra touch to an otherwise bland center console.
In any event I will try to upload some more pics and perhaps start the thread in due course but atm i'm obsessed in getting hold of my missing stickers to complete my engine bay.

Best Regards
Charles
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Charles,

Re the sticker I think we are going to have to wait till a 420G owner reads this.

I did try google images but didnt get any good engine shots Crying or Very sad

I know one of the the members money_one_four has a nice 420G hopefully he will read this soon and advise.

The car certainly looks like its had a lot of TLC and loadsamoney spent on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm not sure about the sticker on the bottles but i think the sticker on the body is a standard warning sticker about using proper fluid, these are easily available on ebay i'm sure. I would recommend trying to get in touch with the Jaguar Enthusiast Club, Tony Ridge in particular is an expert Concours Judge and will probably know exactly whats what.
I'm quite busy today but will try and have a look at what books etc i have and if i find anything further will post up later.

cheers David. study
Back to top Go down
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru
jag420g

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks David,
Anything you can come up with would be appreciated--Any ideas about the yellow rectangular one draped over the black brake servo/booster??

Regards
Charles
Back to top Go down
carsie
Members

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:55 am

WOW! what a stunning car! A real credit to you- it looks fantastic- I did pick up on XJ40 gear box, it must make a huge difference- I had an XJ8 4.0 in BRG with doeskin leather, the gearbox in mine was lovely until it locked after a headgasket went and then cost me a fortune doh! ; would be lovely to see how your's performs.

What wheels have you on it? I've been out of touch with Mk10/420G's for years although I recognise that DS420 with 15" and XJ brakes are the way to go a la Madaboutjags Mk10 V12!

Sorry..regarding the yellow sticker...i can recall it as clear as daylight on Dad's Mk10 but b****er me if I can remember what it said...must be the Jameson Smile ..try me again in the morning LOL!

Really nice car Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.carr-consultants.co.uk
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru
jag420g

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:27 am

Thanks Carsie,
You are too kind!!!
But you are right, She drives beautiful and honestly the later 4 speed box is the way to go, the column shifter was removed and even if I say so myself the modification of the steering column cowl set up I did was a work of art. you would think it was factory as I replaced the entire cowl with that of a manual mk2 so no slot in the side for the transmission lever--looks like it was meant to be like that.
As for the wheels, they are still 14 inch but the offset has changed so they can accommodate wider tyres so they actually look like they come out further in line with the guards, furthermore the discs and calipers are also late model and since the early transmission is no longer there, the speedo cable runs off a pickup from the front wheel.

Thanks again
Best Regards
Charles
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:15 am

Charles,

Thers a reply to your sticker question on JL Smile
Back to top Go down
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru
jag420g

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:17 am

Yes Thanks!!,
I'm just looking at it now--looooool

Charles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967   JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JAGUAR 420G SALES BROCHURE ORIGINAL c1967
Page 1 of 1