The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum   Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:57 am

When the forum started on the 16th November 2009 it was just me running the forum.

Then when I was speaking to TC a friend with a great passion for Jaguars he offered to help with the IT side of things
which is always very useful. He is also the IT Moderator.

Since then Charles (jag420g) came on board as a member in January 2010 and has recently become the Mk10\420G Moderator to help manage the forum now it has a Global audience Charles has become a Moderator in a different time zone.

So a quick Introduction to the:

Current Global Team

Admin

Known on the Forum as Car-Nut or if youve been posting a while you will know me as Clive.

I've always been MAD about cars but I love to have something different to everyone else if I can, when I was younger
I had a Lancia Thema 2.0ie 8v Turbo, Alfa Romeo 155 v6 to name but a few then I got into faster cars a 350bhp Evo VI obviously
modified but a fun car which I did a lot of early morning road rallies in rally_drive This got followed by a TVR Tuscan in Viper Blue so light,
1100kg and 350bhp very tail happy, Wink I nearly lost it a couple of times Embarassed This was followed by an E39 M5 which was followed by an
Individual E39 M5.
Then I got the Classic Car Disease while having the first M5 I bought an BMW E30 325i for £700 for a run around as the pictures
show the rest is history:

Veiwing picture:

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum P1010065GP

My bank £7k lighter and she went up for Sale, suspension was done before selling:

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum 2008_0712Image0021

So the E30 got me into classics and I do still miss her. After the last E39 M5 went my first Jaguar Classic arrived:

I collected her on the 18\07\2009 @ 09.26hrs about Wink

My Sexy Little Six Pot Came Home jump4joy

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum Dscf8910

Yes S1 3.8 FHC E-Type Jaguar whether its down to its down to its seemingly feminine qualities - soft curves, sooth lines - or simply because
everyone of her features just feels right this is the car I love and almost all of us appreciate.

These car didnt sell about 72,000 units on looks alone its got the famous 3.8-litre XK engine under the bonnet which delivers 0-60mph in about 7seconds
and plant the pedal in the metal and it will get close to 150mph.

With the 50th Anniversary of the E-Type less than a year away, prices for these cars are spiralling even higher, not that I bought it as an investment.

Now having owned it for over a year and done nearly 1700 miles since ownership weve done a few shows together and even landed a first place grin

The car has now changed slightly:

Engine when I got it.
Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum DSCF8821

After a bit of tinkering last Winter spanner great
Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum IMG_7258

Plus one of the car at its last show:

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum IMG_8313

Also as many of you will have read I have a 420G coming soon, but I will post picture here when it arrives, also as Charles is very knowledgeable on the model
I will let him speak about it.

Last edited by Car-Nut on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:42 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum   Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi all,

My name is Charles, I go by the handle of jag420g and believe me it's for a very good reason.

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum P020910_102601-1

I have owned at least eight of these fabulous cars amongst other Jaguar models spanning the last 35years, so I have gained more than just a little insight into what makes them tick.

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum P020910_1027

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum P020910_1024

Each one has presented me with new challenges and patience testing conundrums, so the chances are that whatever problem you may be having with your MK10/420G I would have already experienced, and as such I may be able to offer some insight and hopefully play my part in keeping these magnificent creations on the road for a very long time to come.

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum P020910_102501

I currently own a 1969 Jaguar 420G which is always a work in progress.

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum P020910_102601

We also own a Daimler Xj40 3.6 as everyday transport.

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum P020910_1032

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum P020910_1033

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum P020910_103301

Unlike Clive I was bitten by the classic bug very early in life, I think I was about 6 or 7 years old when I saw my first MK10. I will never forget the awe and amazement at being confronted with such a behemoth or leviathan if you will. Most daunting at that age. That huge shapely wall of metal and all that shiny chrome coupled with a shape that looked like it was leaping forward which seemed to express a sense of urgency and purpose has been seared into my memory and will remain with me the rest of my days.

Yes, I have a passion for the Jaguar marque and It's one that I would like to share with you all and hopefully through our travels together on this great forum we can all learn something from one another and revel in the glory and satisfaction of owning one of the greatest cars ever built.

Cheers

Charles
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum   Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:53 am

To register Arrow http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/profile.forum?mode=register Arrow then you will receive an e mail Arrow activate that link Arrow log in in the forum - Arrow Then introduce yourself in the Welcome section

If you dont get your activation email please check your SPAM folder or email- Jaguarmk10420gsymposium@gmail.com

We will then activate your account in the back-end.. Then youre in and ready to talk Jaguars jump4joy
Exclamation
Back to top Go down
JustV12
JustV12

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum   Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:29 pm

Greetings all:

I am Known in the cyber Jaguar world as "JustV12". I think I have checked in or signed up for every single Jag forum on line including the XJ40 forums.

I have been a Jaguar fan (no seriously, I am positively a Jaguar anorak) I eat, sleep, breathe, live, love, Jaguars and I bore ordinary citizens to sleep with Jaguar this and jaguar that.
My wife and I currently own five Jaguars and one very special car (Shhhh) that is currently on its way to us and our ownership. Although a deal has been struck it does seem to be taking its time..
It is another British car and the clue to it can be found in my avatar and it shall arrive in due time.
I am a certified judge with the JCNA and my wife is an apprentice judge. She will be certified in the coming spring, our oldest son has joined the fray and is in possession of a 93 XJ-6 (40) as his first car.
Our four kids love Jags and our second youngest is a permanent resident of New York City and gets homesick every time she sees a Jag. I usually get a text saying “I love you daddy...I just saw a Jaguar” I love you

So having said all that I do believe I was born with wrenches in hand. I have owned more than 500 cars (according to my youngest brother) as well as about 40 motorcycles (mostly British) and no I am not in the motor trade.
I have been bitten by the classic bug since about five years old, with an absolute fascination with a neighbors 289 Shelby Cobra...A REAL one if you please, this was circa 1965, so a Cobra wasn't really vintage then was it?.

Anyway I have always loved special cars and enjoyed the “American Graffiti style drag races that took place in the streets where we lived (Highly illegal and I am citing innocent youth as an alibi) When my parents took me to these events well...it did nothing to curtail my interest in cars lets say.
I continued developing my gear head interests until I bought my first car at 14 or 15, a 1967 Mustang convertible with a V-8 and stick shift. What a first car that was!! If insurance had been mandatory at the time I could never have driven that car out of the parking lot.
Oh yes and then there was the issue of a license, I didn't have one. I waited for all parental authority to be off to work by 8 AM and then simply drove myself to school drove home by 3:30 PM, and no one was ever the wiser. Wow, what a chance I took...

About that time I developed a fluke friendship with an older fellow in my neighborhood with a Series III E-Type. A short time later I was allowed to drive his nearly new '73 E-Type at the tender age of 16, having just a learner’s permit I was instructed in the basics and allowed to drive the car. Once under way I was instructed to put my foot to the floor and hold it there until told to release it. My did I ever listen to that I remember coming close to one hundred MPH!! Then when given the signal I removed my foot from the accelerator and planted both my feet hard on the brake coming to a complete and smooth stop. My friend looked at me and said there, now you know what it can do basically, so now lets drive.....
OK?
So That is how I got hooked and addicted to Jaguar's, and it is ALL HIS fault.
From that point on I dreamed and lusted after anything Jaguar.

Always loving the obscure and having an obtuse streak I fell in love with the big sedans the MK series cars that is. I remember being behind a MK 10 in traffic and following him for miles out of my way just to see all around the car.

However, I must admit my favourite Jag hands down is the series III XJ, which is the child of our beloved behemoths after all isn't it?
Truth is that if I was told under threat of death that I could only have ONE Jag it may indeed be one of our twin BRG XJ 12’s that I love so much. Sorry folks but I am nothing if not honest. The XJ-S convertible was a lucky find that my wife needed to have and right when I was looking for another XJ-12 she made me buy a bloody Jaguar XJ-S!! Can you see my bad luck here? LOL.

The grand old lady of our garage is our MK 10 and it was the car we used when I married my good wife and it shall be the car that our daughters are fighting to be driven to their weddings in as well.
(Nod to Clive here eh?)
Now if I ever get the gumption to conquer the technology I shall upload pictures of all our cars. NO!! I shall conquer the technology and upload pics of the cars!
There a new years resolution for you all.

I should mention here that I am also a moderator on one other Jaguar website and I have vowed that my time shall be divided between here and there and nowhere else and so I do hope to be more frequent here and become better known to you all.

This story is getting long in the tooth here, and here I am just getting to the Jaguar part!

This means there may be a part two!

Ciao for now:
JustV12 (Duane)
Back to top Go down
http://www.contigoliving.com
db08
db08

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum   Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Dave, known on here as db08.
I've had a love of Jaguars since growing up in the U.K. I used to drool over the Series 1 XJ6 and this model is still my favourite Jaguar, probably followed by the Series 3 & the very early original (1975) XJ-S.
I now live in Perth, Western Australia and retired a couple of years ago after a lifetime (31 years) in the Police Force over here.
I now spend my time divided between my cars and commodities/forex trading.
I am married, with two grown-up daughters and three grandkids (two girls, one boy).
I've recently become a moderator on this forum plus the editor of the E-Magazine.
I have a few toys, including a few Australian performance cars (mainly Ford) plus three Jaguars and one Daimler.
They are a 1969 S1 XJ6 manual o/d, a 1973 Daimler Double Six Vanden Plas (the first one built), a 1975 XJ-C (the 59th built) and a mid-eighties V12 XJ-S.
I look forward to getting to know you all and helping out wherever I can.
Regards,
Dave (db08)
Back to top Go down
carlt
Members
carlt

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum   Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 9:58 am

Evening everybody!

My name is Carl and it is a wonderful opportunity to be a part of the Premier Symposium for our beloved MKX's and 420G's.

I am 50 years old and live in Redditch - a satelite town just south of Birmingham in the UK. Only a short drive from the original Browns Lane factory site (which is now mostly a housing estate!!!).

Currently without any form of Jaguar, but I have owned a very late 420G in Sable over Cream that once belonged to my grandfather. Unfortunatley (and now I realise - stupidly) I gave the car to a fellow enthusiast as I had lost my storage for it. He assured me he was going to restore it but, to date, it has'nt surfaced (this was over 10 years ago). She carried the UK registration VOP316J and was registered in mid August 1970 at the premier Midlands Jaguar dealer P.J. Evans Ltd. My grandfather bought her at 1 year old in 1971.

In 1999, I acquired (for free!) a Series III XJ6 that was sitting on one of by Consultants driveways. He wasnt interested in using the car, so I did him a favour and cleared his driveway for him. A great car to drive, but she needed a lot of work - bidywork mainly - and it was not economical to deal with. I managed to get an MOT first time around, but a year later she needed too much welding, so she donated her parts to keep others on the road.

As well as Jaguars, my interests extend to motorcycles (I have 6), touring in our motorhome, and model engineering.

I fully intend to become the custodian of another 420G in the fullness of time - just as soon as family and life commitments can justify it. In the meantime, I will have to get my 'fix' by hiring Clive's beauty!!!!!!!!!

All the best,
Carl
Back to top Go down
JustV12
JustV12

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum   Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 11:33 am

Well Carl:

Welcome to us!
Good to have you. Birmingham eh? Motorcycles eh? Well, my first motorcycle was a 59 BSA, which I was told stood for "Bastard Stopped Again". But oddly I never had any real trouble with it.
My first serious long term girlfriend was from Brimigham too. Her daddy was a Bobby. I liked the way she said "Straw-bree" Now her, I had lots of trouble with.

Hmmm...girls and motorcycles...

Oh... cheers then!
Back to top Go down
http://www.contigoliving.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum   Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet the Guys Who Look After the Forum
Page 1 of 1