The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

I have never seen one....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

I have never seen one.... Empty
PostSubject: I have never seen one....   I have never seen one.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:25 am

Guys, clean your minds what are you thinking Exclamation Wink

I am referring to the Picnic Set that came in the
boot of these cars, I presume it was an optional
extra Question

Can someone shed some light, or upload a picture Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru
jag420g

PostSubject: Re: I have never seen one....   I have never seen one.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:20 am

Neither have I, however I believe there was a tailor made luggage set but not a picnic set per se.
There was also a cubby box combination arm rest that straddled the center console called a Henly box that was offered by dealerships as an optional extra, I would love to get my hands on one of those.
I have seen only one come up on ebay in tatters that went for an astronomical amount, but quite a few come up for the MK2.
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: I have never seen one....   I have never seen one.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Charles,

If I remember it went fir £31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So what other extras were available Question

Or what do you have on your Jaguar Question
Back to top Go down
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru
jag420g

PostSubject: Re: I have never seen one....   I have never seen one.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Clive,
I cannot recall any additional extras that may have been available as these cars essentially came from the factory fully equipped.
There were however some variations to the theme for export markets such as clear front indicator lenses instead of amber, red rear indicator lenses instead of amber, Nice Hazard warning unit for mounting under the dashboard for U.S. requirements and amber reverse lamps instead of clear for European export.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is interesting to also note that my car is fitted with an original Smiths Kilometer speedometer rather than the conventional MPH version that you all have.
I may have digressed here a bit but that is all that comes to mind.

Charles
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: I have never seen one....   I have never seen one.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:12 pm

What a coincidence the first link you posted:

Wharf Garage is a mile from me Smile

The second link whilst reading it was just thinking do these cars have hazard lights Question

Question answered

Anyone here fitted that extra Question

I know I miss hazzard lights on the E....
Back to top Go down
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru
jag420g

PostSubject: Re: I have never seen one....   I have never seen one.... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Clive,
The Hazard light system was a legal requirement in the U.S. so it was necessary for Jaguar to come up with that device and of course it fitted the E-type as well.
You will find that all American exports have the hazard system fitted, there is also reference made to it on the wiring diagrams for our cars.

Charles Cool
Back to top Go down
carsie
Members

PostSubject: Re: I have never seen one....   I have never seen one.... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:19 am

By now I guess I've aired enough about the spec of Dad's old Jag bit I still thought you'd be interested in the optional extra's even though I'm pretty sure it's not around any more.

It was a black 4.2 Mk 10 1966 Auto with navy blue trim, manual windows but a heated rear window and a steel sliding sunroof.

So no fitted luggage or hazard flashers but once Dad bought it it was fitted with a Pye car phone with call sign "Medic Two Zero" and that was back in '69 !

If ever I can get across the water to scan the family album I might be able to come up with a few pic's of it towing the family caravan (all twenty one feet of it! ) across Europe.

Actually that's jogged my memory... As I've also previously commented as a young lad I was alway's tinkering with the Jag and once on holiday in Normany I decided to adjust the bonnet handle...... you can probably guess the rest lol! A few hours later spent drinking coffee in Deuville whilst the local French Jaguar Agent managed to unlock the bonnet.- DOH!

Dad never said anything at all bless him! he was a good bloke but the chipped paint on the trailing edge where the French screwdrivers attempted access bore testement to the no doubt expensive Fench franc bill.

You've got to remember in those day's you had to check the water level regularly and definitely the oil, especially when towing a caravan - I can't remember the last time I had to top the oil on my Volvo

There you go..
Back to top Go down
http://www.carr-consultants.co.uk
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: I have never seen one....   I have never seen one.... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Carsie,

We will never tyre of your stories form your childhood about your Dads great Mk10

I can imagine you at your laptop with your glass of Malt Whiskey Wink

Keep the memories coming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have never seen one....   I have never seen one.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have never seen one....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium :: The Jaguar MK10 & 420G Symposium :: The “Kray’s Club”-
Jump to: