The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

Sir William Lyons Quote

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

Sir William Lyons Quote Empty
PostSubject: Sir William Lyons Quote   Sir William Lyons Quote I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 6:24 pm

I read this somewhere:

"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." Sir William Lyons

I'm not sure if it is a genuine quote or not, anyone Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sir William Lyons Quote   Sir William Lyons Quote I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:20 am

I've not read it before..... Charles Question
Back to top Go down
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru
jag420g

PostSubject: Re: Sir William Lyons Quote   Sir William Lyons Quote I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:57 am

I'm afraid that I haven't heard that one TC but here is something that might stir the pot a little.
Apparently at age 71 Sir William was quoted as having said "With hindsight it is possible to say that the MK10 was a little too big"
I think the poor man was brow beaten and pushed up against the wall by continuous ruthless reviews for so many years, and at that age he finally got fed up.
You only need to look at the story of the Tucker Torpedo and how poor Tucker copped it as well.
The reality is, the mk10/420G was the finest car to come out of Browns lane bar none! and a lot of critics are just now coming to realise that albeit too late.

Charles smoker

Last edited by jag420g on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Sir William Lyons Quote   Sir William Lyons Quote I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:10 pm

jag420g wrote:

You only need to look at the story of the Tucker Torpedo and how poor Tucker copped it as well.
The reality is, the mk10/420G was the finest car to come out of Browns lane bar none! and a lot of critics are just now coming to realise that albeit too late.

Charles smoker

Tucker Torpedo scratch whats that about Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru
jag420g

PostSubject: Re: Sir William Lyons Quote   Sir William Lyons Quote I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:54 pm

The 1948 Tucker Sedan or Tucker '48 Sedan (initially named the Tucker Torpedo) was an advanced automobile conceived by Preston Tucker and briefly produced in Chicago in 1948. Only 51 cars were made before the company folded on March 3, 1949, due to negative publicity initiated by the news media.

Here's the movie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Charles smoker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sir William Lyons Quote   Sir William Lyons Quote I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sir William Lyons Quote
Page 1 of 1