The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

Zenith sightings on TV or film

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
awg
Admin

Zenith sightings on TV or film Empty
PostSubject: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:41 am

Last night (Monday) on Aussie TV..Australian Story replays an older show about Gina Reinhardt ( Oz richest, and in the worlds top 30 wealthiest persons)

Shows footage of her father (late Pilbara Iron ore magnate Lang Hancock) picking her up on return from boarding school in a Zenith !

footage only went about 10 seconds and was in black&white, so I missed seeing chrome strips on the side, but I dont think they were there, meaning a MKX, a light color, probably white...very clear vision of boot plinth.

Pilbara region of WA is incredibly hot with summer temps regularly 45C or more.
Its a testament that he owned one, he was at that time Oz richest man...bet it had aircon..the roads up there were almost all dirt..Jaguars very good suspension would be a huge +...(I have driven my jags on rough dirt roads, and they go good)...his other vehicle was a Landcruiser FJ45

Dave..if you know how to use Iview or have a Tbox, you should be able to download it. (my Tbox is still in its box, and I havent ever tried Iview)
They also often replay things on ABC 22 a few days later

even better track down that car and buy it Very Happy we dont see many Zeniths up for sale in WA?...give Gina a call Laughing
Back to top Go down
db08
db08

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Well I know where she lives Laughing
We don't see many Zeniths full stop in W.A. As I've said previously, most of them that come up for sale seem to be in Queensland!
I agree it would be interesting to know what happened to that car, wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Well if you know where she lives, go and ask her, or send her a letter with a SAE enclosed Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
db08
db08

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Car-Nut wrote:
Well if you know where she lives, go and ask her, or send her a letter with a SAE enclosed Wink

I can't get another one right now. (I'd be in divorce court Smile )
I couldn't help myself and I bought another old XJ today.
I'm seeking professional help for my addiction now. Laughing
I just can't turn them away when stray cats follow me home Wink
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am

Dave,

You've brought a new car and not uploaded images….

That is a banable offence lol!
Back to top Go down
db08
db08

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 am

I haven't seen it yet but when I get it I will - it's still over east (where most Jaguars seem to be be Smile )
Back to top Go down
awg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:38 pm

The show was just repeated on ABC News Channel 24.

Was a MKX, white, and the film clip was captioned as dating to 1967
Back to top Go down
carsie
Members

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:47 am

Eventually (he say's in a Manuel Fawlty Tower voice) he manages to realise that the reason he can't upload several of his wonderful "finds" is because they are copyright protected ! DOH!

Here you go anyway.... hope you like Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.carr-consultants.co.uk
awg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:14 am

Attention all Oz subscribers...I just saw a TV promo for a show on the worlds richest woman Gina Rinehardt

Monday night 8.30 Four Corners on the ABC.

I caught a milli-second glimpse of Gina, with her late father Lang, riding in the rear of a car with very high bolstered red seats...they looked to me Zenithy.

I would not be surprised if it was the White Zenith I mentioned in earlier post.

If the Hancock family had a history of Zenith ownership, the cars with that provenance may well be valuable.

Coming from the sparsley populated WA state, it may well be those cars are still about.

Lang Hancock was a man who knew his machinery, no other luxury car would have matched the early MK10s on the 1000's km dirt roads
Back to top Go down
awg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Oz viewers keep an eye on the promo for "Howzat" Kerry Packers Story...re the cricket, advertised as "on after the Olympics"...just caught sight of a very large dark blue Jag sedan with red interior, and i dont think it was an XJ...1st prize to whover IDs it
Back to top Go down
db08
db08

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:32 am

I will keep an eye out for it.
I know someone who is related by marriage to the Hancocks - next time I catch up I'll quiz them re Jaguars.
Back to top Go down
awg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:46 am

Got another glimpse of that promo...you go to be actually watching, as it is short and the car is at the beginning..Channel 9 network obviously.

The car is viewed from directly above! in motion.

It is BRG not dark blue.

Perhaps it was a Jag/Daimler Sovereign ?

I am thinking this is set in the early 70's.

Therefore it is almost inconceivable Packer would be driving a car more than 3 yrs old
Back to top Go down
Starr420G
420G Project Author

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:37 pm

I've looked for the clip on you-tube, there is one clip where he is getting into a blue car and the windon frame is polished chrome.
Back to top Go down
awg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:31 am

Jimmy Saville standing beside a Zenith in ABC 4 Corners repeat of the ITV doco re his pedo activities.

Looks like it is dark blue Embarassed .... could be a 420 as the vision is fleeting, bu i dont think so.

they actually mentioned he had an E-type

you & him Clive ? Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
awg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 10:32 am

caught a MAJOR Zenith movie last night, just watching late..."Gangster No1" starring Roddy Mcdowell as a complete psychopath gangster, extremely violent & grisly, but an ok movie to watch.

HEAPS of Zenith sightings, even dated, so we know they were driving MKX and 420Gs as their favored cars, (also a nice Ferrari).

There was one scene of a beautiful 2-tone 420G with a mobster vomiting profusely in front of a closeup of 420G grille.

I will download this film on UTorrent if possible
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 8:45 pm

Hi Tony,

Funny you mention that.. Gangster No1

The car belongs to a Facebook friend of mine Geoff Read and car in featured in the
JEC magazine this month. I will take images of the pages and send to you know.
great
Back to top Go down
awg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Car-Nut wrote:
Hi Tony,

Funny you mention that.. Gangster No1

The car belongs to a Facebook friend of mine Geoff Read and car in featured in the
JEC magazine this month. I will take images of the pages and send to you know.
great

thx Clive,,,is it the one 3rd to right in this months header pic?...same colors I think, dark blue over silver
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 1:31 am

No Tony, that is actually, sable over ascot fawn.

The only original two tone 420G in GB the owner believes....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zenith sightings on TV or film   Zenith sightings on TV or film I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zenith sightings on TV or film
Page 1 of 1