The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

The prizes we win, share the news here!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JustV12
JustV12

The prizes we win, share the news here! Empty
PostSubject: The prizes we win, share the news here!   The prizes we win, share the news here! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:56 am

Greetings folks, lets see how this takes off.

What I love hearing is how your car has won some show or class at a concours or perhaps even a championship of some kind?

Post here and share the news.

I will start with our 1962 MK 10 which is a good condition car that is unrestored.

2011 Ontario Jaguar Owners Association annual JCNA concours

1st place driven class.

2013 Ontario Jaguar Owners Association annual JCNA concours

1st place preservation class. (Championship class)

The 2011 win was on a whim. as I didn't think we had a chance.
However, we had an expert on MK 10's and 420G's judging and he was brought in to give our Zenith a once over and against all odds we got the trophy plate.

We didn't enter it in 2012 but for 2013 we brought three of our cars and we were coaxed into entering the driven class again.
When we got there I was coerced into changing classes for the championship "preservation class"
I ran back to the judges table to pay the extra fee. I ran back to the car which was in the judging area and waiting for me to get back so they could start.
Half way back panic set in, what had I done? Oh god, I have the boot full of crap for the show, (I was concours chair that year) I also had a one hundred pound floor jack in there wrapped in blankets and in championship classes that boot is judged! Meaning I would have to empty it!! and it wouldn't even be clean when I got everything out!!! Fortunately my judge colleagues were patient and cracked a few jokes while I emptied the boot wondering aloud whether I had hidden any bodies in there. Do you know how much a Zenith boot can hold? Do you know what a chore it is to fill one up?
Of course, who am I talking to here anyway? LOL.

Well with the usual debates that this relatively new class gets into we lost points for a missing tool kit, the car has been resprayed and some interior pieces were incorrect. But we maintained enough originality to not get disqualified and to win the class by a hair at just over 94 points out of a hundred.

Then I had to re pack the boot, to the chorus of more jokes of course. No mercy for the working class eh? Next time I WILL have a tool kit grazie to Clive. Wink 

There you go. So when did you win what did you win and is there a story?

I have never figured out how to upload pic here but if I do I will add some to this post.

Cheers.

Duane

Back to top Go down
http://www.contigoliving.com
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: The prizes we win, share the news here!   The prizes we win, share the news here! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:02 am

Hi Duane,

Thanks for starting the post….

I know Charles has some silver wear for his "G" he may want to advise what he has…

Re uploading images and general how to question for new members and older members who arent
to IT literate check out this link…

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Re the tool box, I hope it arrives soon if you havent received it yet Question

Lots of parts gone out recently not just to the UK, Canada, Netherlands, Italy, France, India (Still to go) South Africa, and I have a large order for Istanbul this week as well. I think its amzing where some of these cars ended up….
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
JustV12
JustV12

PostSubject: Re: The prizes we win, share the news here!   The prizes we win, share the news here! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Yes Clive I remember this. I stopped and dug in my heals at "create an account with photobucket..."
Nope, aint gonna happen.
Don't want to open a new account just to upload pics.

But as for the arrival of the tool bax, I have been contacted by UPS and they want to negotiate a "brokers fee" with me when the time comes.
So at least I am on the radar. bounce 

DG
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: The prizes we win, share the news here!   The prizes we win, share the news here! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Duane,

A photobucket account is so usefull you should open one Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
carlt
Members
carlt

PostSubject: Re: The prizes we win, share the news here!   The prizes we win, share the news here! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:02 pm

Duane - should you really decide not to open a PB account, please feel free to email me your pictures and I will host them in mine.

Would be a shame not to share the joy!!!
Back to top Go down
JustV12
JustV12

PostSubject: Re: The prizes we win, share the news here!   The prizes we win, share the news here! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:14 am

You guys are great! I feel like a part of the family around here!

It is about keeping too many accounts open that I forget about and/or forget passwords to, and that sort of thing. I am on a rebellious streak when it comes to all these things you know.

I am having "old guy syndrome" in a big way. For example, until recently my wallet was more than an inch thick! Now when I was a kid anyone with a wallet that thick was RICH! But now wallets are full of plastic that you MUST have for every stupid thing on earth. Points for this and that, member of this club or the other. Preferred perks, air miles collecting etc. Well I have started cutting up store member cards and every plastic I don't need. Now my wallet is slightly less that an inch thick but I still can't sit on it.

OK enough wind spent here. Thank you for listening.

To change the subject slightly Clive, the tool box came today without a hitch. Seems a
"brokers fee" was never needed.
Bonnie and I gathered around the table and carefully cut the box open. We were nervous at first but we were certain that we would be able to care for this new little (olde) piece of history. We opened it up and all were overcome with joy at the bundle of...joy.
We have one wrench for it already (if I can find it on this pile of things that is my desk)

Cant wait to fit it into the boot of its new home.

And as it is Monday I do hope to see you on "that other thread".

cheers all

Duane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The prizes we win, share the news here!   The prizes we win, share the news here! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The prizes we win, share the news here!
Page 1 of 1