The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

Australian 420G owners

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

Australian 420G owners Empty
PostSubject: Australian 420G owners   Australian 420G owners I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 2:49 am

Do we have any members from Queensland Question

Ive been sent an image of a 420G car which is in Noosa.

Just wondered if it belonged to anyone who visits our symposium Question

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
Pwatson
Members

PostSubject: Re: Australian 420G owners   Australian 420G owners I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:41 am

Hi Clive,

A fellow member of the Jaguar Enthusiast Club of Qld lives not far from Noosa and has a Old English White 420g/Mark 10 with a dark blue interior and dunlop bolt on wire wheels.  Nice car.

Also in the area (Brisbane) is a Red 420g with gold Simons wheels.  Have seen the car at an annual All British Day in Brisbane.

On the southside of Brisbane there is a hire car, 420g Candy Apple Red with white roof and whitewalls.

My car (Opalensent Silver Gray over Black) is also located on the southside of Brisbane.

Only other "good cars" in the area that I know about are 2 x Old English White that a wedding car operator in Tooowoomba (about 2hrs from Brisbane) run.  Thay are nice cars an the owner has a lot of knowedge.
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Australian 420G owners   Australian 420G owners I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:47 am

Hi Pwatson,

This is a white car and has 420 in the number plate.

Is the candy apple red car through a company Question

The owner of the White cars is Chris Hope, the wedding car company
his wife runs..
Back to top Go down
awg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Australian 420G owners   Australian 420G owners I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 12:47 pm

Starr420G is a QLD boy i think, but he doesnt appear to have looked in for a while.

My 420G guru had 3 x White Zeniths, easily distinguishable, as he had them re-upholstered in Red Vinyl instead of leather, he sold them many years ago to wedding car operators, they were very well setup, with A/C etc, thats what he had used them for.

A truckdriver stopped to chat with me recently, and told me him and his father have 2 MKX, one a 4.2 (and a 3.8, which is in bad nick), also a S1 DDS, (very rare) and S2 DDS. That is about 100 miles north of me, he very well knew the wreck I bought from the same town. We exchanged mobiles
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Australian 420G owners   Australian 420G owners I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:08 pm

Starr420G / Preston goes on my Classic Jaguar Facebook but as you say he's not been on here for a while.

I know Chis Gopes 420G has a cloth interior, I believe this spoils the car. My Ascot Fawn has been recovered in an imitation leather - vynil such a shame to not do it in leather. But that's another thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australian 420G owners   Australian 420G owners I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Australian 420G owners
Page 1 of 1