The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

Trying to locate a '66 Mk10

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

Trying to locate a '66 Mk10 Empty
PostSubject: Trying to locate a '66 Mk10   Trying to locate a '66 Mk10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 12:54 am

I received this email from a guy trying to locate his Dads old MK10, any help welcome.

Or do you know where the car is Question

I much enjoy the column every month in Jaguar Enthusiast.

For a few years now I have been trying to track down my late father's, Geoff Brooks, 4.2 Mark 10. First registered in January 1966 when the 4.2's were attracting a premium over list price, it was registered JAG 1 for the first few years. It is (& I say "is" for reasons you will note later) finished in midnight blue with a gold coachline / grey leather & like most auto transmission. After around three years of modest daily use commuting from our then home in Ealing, West London, to Harrow, it was retired to a snug garage for use high days and holidays once his XJ-6 arrived. The following twenty odd years saw several Concours awards at the then annual JDC Beaulieu Spring Rally, Woburn, etc & JDC area 22 (Bucks) events. By this time the reg number had first been changed to GHH 39D & then to GEF 586 ( which my current XKR now carries). The car can be seen in the photo advertising campaign for the launch of XJ-S, with the slogan "In a world of changing values, a Jaguar is still a Jaguar". In addition it made several tv appearances including one were it was used by the actor Ben Kingsley as his car in the drama Sleeps Six" along with Dianne Keen. We recreated a 1960''s Jaguar dealership at the then Bradshaw & Webb showroom in Mayfair for one scene. Ben Kingsley fell in love with the car & desperately tried to buy it , leaving his address with my father should he ever change his mind. I have a video copy of the drama as part of my collection. Eventually in 1987 the car was sold to slim down what was becoming quite a large Jaguar collection ahead of my fathers move to West Sussex. I believe it was a fairly local gentleman in the Ealing area who purchased it but from then I lost track of it. The reg number GEF 586 was transferred to my fathers E type & I don't know the replacement assigned at that time.

Fast forward to 2014 & the wonders of the Internet. I came across a u tube video of, yes, a dark blue Mark 10 with a gold coachline which had been for sale, but successfully sold. Whilst not in the same Concours condition as when my father sold it, it was nevertheless a fine example of an unrestored nearly 50 year old Jaguar ( especially for a model which the tin worm traditionally attacked quite vigorously). A little tappity & slightly noisy valves, it was also shown running up and down on a test drive ! There are one or two original distinguishing features which identify this as the car without any shadow of doubt. The reg number now is PBY 87D. I have looked on the DVLA mot history sight and it is shown as having a current MoT for 2011/12 but nothing further is recorded after that date. I was wondering if you have access to any other data which may assist me in tracking the car down ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/

Trying to locate a '66 Mk10
Page 1 of 1