The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

Hello - New Member Alert

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hannah88
Members

Hello - New Member Alert Empty
PostSubject: Hello - New Member Alert   Hello - New Member Alert I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:17 am

Hi,

My name is Hannah and i'm a huge Jaguar lover, mainly the old classic vehicles.

Just bobbing by to say hello and hope you are all okay.

I look forward to posting on here more.

Hannah
x
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Hello - New Member Alert   Hello - New Member Alert I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:54 am

Hi Hannah,

Welcome welcome

Are you a fan and an owner as well Exclamation Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
CALL911
Members

PostSubject: Re: Hello - New Member Alert   Hello - New Member Alert I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 6:50 am

Hi all. My name is Lee and I am also new to the forum! don't know if this is the right place to post but here it goes anyway.
About two years ago I acquired a 1963 mark 10 that the previous owner was going to scrap. I thought it was WAY too nice and bought it. no motor or transmission and the interior in pieces. I have never heard of a mark 10 before even though I've been around collector cars all of my life. Anyway, I saved it from the crusher and brought it home where it languished in the garage until I had some time and did a little research. I'm going to build it as inexpensively as possible so unfortunately for you purists it will soon have a GM LT1 motor and 4L60E trans from a donor 96 Buick Roadmaster.
So far I have a grand total of $900 in it including the car and I recently learned that it came from California which explains the lack of rust.
Will post pics as soon as I can get time.
Back to top Go down
awg
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hello - New Member Alert   Hello - New Member Alert I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:43 am

Hi Lee...nothing wrong with that combo in an engineless USA car, although getting the tranny to shift right may or may not be simple.

start a "project" thread is good, I think you have to be on for some days or some posts before you can start your own though
Back to top Go down
CALL911
Members

PostSubject: Re: Hello - New Member Alert   Hello - New Member Alert I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:42 am

I will be using the complete electronic fuel injection system and the Buick ECM so I hope it will be pretty straight forward. The LT1 swap is pretty common in street rods over here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello - New Member Alert   Hello - New Member Alert I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello - New Member Alert
Page 1 of 1