The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

Shame it is so quiet on here..........

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
carlt
Members
carlt

Shame it is so quiet on here.......... Empty
PostSubject: Shame it is so quiet on here..........   Shame it is so quiet on here.......... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:27 am

As the title says - this is a very quiet Forum......

Why????

If (only) I had one of these beautiful cars (car is too common a word for them really) I would want to be talking about it and sharing it constantly.

Is it the members? The content? the layout of the Forum itself? The colours / design of the Forum?

Come along chaps and chapesses - I know I am the new kid on the block, but surely you cant all be too shy to share your passions (for the cars, for the cars!!!!!!).

I finally find a 'home' where I can talk about these wonderful creations.........................and no-one wants to talk..... Crying or Very sad 

Carl
(Had a 420G and gave it away over 10 years ago - how stupid was that!!!)
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Shame it is so quiet on here..........   Shame it is so quiet on here.......... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:01 am

Hi Carl,

Your last comment has caught my eye, you gave away a 420G Question

Is there a story behind it Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
carlt
Members
carlt

PostSubject: Re: Shame it is so quiet on here..........   Shame it is so quiet on here.......... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:39 am

Hi Clive!

I had my G in storage in a barn for a few years whilst I tried to get the funds together to get it sorted. Unfortunately, what needed doing was going to cost a small fortune (nothing has changed has it!!), so it never got done.

Then the farmer who owned the barn wanted the space so I had to pass it on quite quickly. I advertised it on the JEC for sale section of the website as free to a good home and a guy from somewhere in the south came to collect it. He said he was going to restore it, but I think it ended up being broken for parts as, other than the bodywork (arches, skirts, rear wheel inner arches) it was in good order - the engine especially!!!

Never heard of it since..........................

If only someone would put their head above the parapet and say "yes, I have that car in storage at the moment...".

I can but dream.................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shame it is so quiet on here..........   Shame it is so quiet on here.......... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shame it is so quiet on here..........
Page 1 of 1