The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

Enfield - London -- Was it your's?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
carsie
Members

Enfield - London -- Was it your's? Empty
PostSubject: Enfield - London -- Was it your's?   Enfield - London -- Was it your's? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:24 am

Some years ago I used to own a business in Enfield N. London and whilst stuck in the traffic jam on the A10 I used to glance across at the metallic blue Mk10 that was parked on someone's front drive on the Great Cambridge Raod - anyone know it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.carr-consultants.co.uk
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Enfield - London -- Was it your's?   Enfield - London -- Was it your's? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:23 pm

As these were around before my time it wasnt me, but what year are you referring to Mike Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
carsie
Members

PostSubject: Re: Enfield - London -- Was it your's?   Enfield - London -- Was it your's? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:43 am

That was round 1990, the same car was on display at the Enfield Pageant. Did I say it was dark met blue? I think it had a webasto sunroof as well.

I used to live in Oxford and travel down the M40/M25. My Cossie was in for a service so I used my Alfa Sud Coupe ; only problem was it wasn't taxed. the God's conspired that I needed petrol and so I pulled in on the A10 (opp aforementioned MK10) and in due course waited patiently to pull back out into the creeping traffic jam.

You know how there is a certain inevitability that no matter how hard you linger/hang back or perhaps hustle your way into the queue that the car that lets you in a BLINKIN BIG JAM SANDWICH! Oh how I laughed.......... NOT!!!! affraid

Needless to say they tugged me - it wasn't the rasp of the flat four, they just thought they'd check everything was in order thats all, but they did have a sense of humour "you knew we were going to stop you didn't you?" I just just laughed..."it's a fair cop guv" sprang to mind! Laughing

It was that same famous stretch of A10 that the drug induced oik's stole my XJ ( the replacement for the, by then high mileage Cossie) and subsequently set fire to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.carr-consultants.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enfield - London -- Was it your's?   Enfield - London -- Was it your's? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enfield - London -- Was it your's?
Page 1 of 1