The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andromeda
Members

My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen! Empty
PostSubject: My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen!   My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:22 am

Hi all.

I hope I still count as an owner, as my beloved 1966 Mk10 automatic has just been stolen.

It happened sometime between Sunday 09-Jan-11 and Friday 14-Jan-11, from just outside Buckingham. I have owned this car for 19 years and have been restoring it slowly, off and on, over that time. It is dark blue with flat paint and an interior that is a mixture of black leather seats, grey vinyl door cards and no carpets. The dashboard woodwork is peeling and the sunvisors have sagged and don’t move. It is a rather scruffy car, with repair panels to the rear lower front wings, new sills in black primer and patch-welded floors. There is no rear bumper fitted and both the rear wings have frilly wheelarches.

The fuel lines were disconnected and there was no battery on the car, also it had two flat (disintegrated) tyres, but someone managed to take it away anyway.

The car has a stainless steel exhaust and copper brake pipes, but no brake fluid reservoirs and the handbrake doesn’t work. The wheels are devoid of hubcaps and there is no brightwork around the front and rear screens. There was a set of grey seats from a Mk10 stored inside as well.

The numberplates were left behind and the car was the target; the thieves cut through two padlocked farm gates to get to it and moved a non-running Triumph Herald and an 8'x4' car trailer out of the way to load the car onto their conveyance. Nothing else was touched.

Someone keen to make a few £££ out of the banger racing community seems an obvious choice, but if anyone hears of any Mk10/420G body panels or used spare parts coming up for sale in the next few weeks, that don't appear to have a sound provenance, please let me know.

All information will be received with thanks, 07971 052025.

My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen! MK10broad
Back to top Go down
jag420g
Resident Mk10\420G Guru
jag420g

PostSubject: Re: My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen!   My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:40 pm

I'm disgusted, very brazen thieves to go to such lengths. Evil or Very Mad
The only redeeming aspect of this whole scenario is that they appear to have excellent taste in motor cars car
Seriously though if it happened to me I would be devastated. I hope information comes to hand quickly, A car like that should not be too hard to trace by the police.
You have our sympathy and support.

Charles awman
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen!   My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:40 pm

Andromeda

First of all welcome to the symposium.

I am very sorry about your Mk10 it is a great shame as these cars are becoming rarer now.

I cant believe all the trouble they went to:

Andromeda wrote:

The numberplates were left behind and the car was the target; the thieves cut through two padlocked farm gates to get to it and moved a non-running Triumph Herald and an 8'x4' car trailer out of the way to load the car onto their conveyance. Nothing else was touched.

Id keep an eye eBay etc but personally I think they took it for the the engine Question

Ive never heard of one of these being stolen before but no doubt all the members will keep an eye out.

Good luck with finding it and keep us posted with any developments.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
drfritch
420G Project Author

PostSubject: Re: My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen!   My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:19 am

They were possibly stolen to be scrapped.
I was shocked at the price of scrap cars as i scrapped 2 last week.
Scrap cars were fetching £185 per ton at the yard i use in newark.
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen!   My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen! I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 4:39 am

I heard there's been an update good and bad news:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some forum names just aren't as classy as ours Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen!   My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 1966 Mk10 has just been stolen!
Page 1 of 1