The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Jaguar Mk10 & 420G Owners Symposium

The Quintessential Site for Aficionados of Jaguar's Zenith Project Cars

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TO READ THE MK10 420G PROJECT CARS THREADS PLEASE REGISTER

PLEASE WELCOME AWG OUR NEW ADMINISTRATOR

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE A MODERATOR ON THE SYMPOSIUM PLEASE MESSAGE AN ADMIN

Colours Interior \ Exterior for the 420G

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

Colours Interior  \  Exterior for the 420G Empty
PostSubject: Colours Interior Exterior for the 420G   Colours Interior  \  Exterior for the 420G I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:03 pm

Does anyone have a list or part list of the choice for the 420G Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/

PostSubject: Re: Colours Interior \ Exterior for the 420G   Colours Interior  \  Exterior for the 420G I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 1:12 pm

Colour schemes as per Jaguar brochure 1968.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
carsie
Members

PostSubject: Re: Colours Interior \ Exterior for the 420G   Colours Interior  \  Exterior for the 420G I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:28 am

Hadn't seen this brochure before. Just to add to the pot, our Mk10 4.2 was Black with Navy leather.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.carr-consultants.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Colours Interior \ Exterior for the 420G   Colours Interior  \  Exterior for the 420G I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:08 am

Hi carsie,

Do you know if your interior is original or has it possibly been changed at some time?

Just wondering, I know over the years many jags have either been recoloured or replaced.
Back to top Go down
carsie
Members

PostSubject: Re: Colours Interior \ Exterior for the 420G   Colours Interior  \  Exterior for the 420G I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Morning Bigdavy,

Apologise for the slow response; the interior was original. Note that the colour chart above is for the 420G not the Mk10

I noticed the 420G dash that Carnut posted from the web and you can see that the crashpads are light grey - these have definately been recoloured

Many manufacture's will have special colour paint/trim combinations it's just that the majority of cars roll of the production line in batches.

Our's was black so I guess was special order but frankly it wasn't "special" in the sense that we look at it now. The car was ordered and delivered by Ritchies Glasgow (your neck of the woods?) for Smith & Nephew Pharmaceutical.

Anecdotally I was told that the police in Edinburgh had black jags and as dad had a car phone fitted (1969!!! )with the attendant small aerial we used to get "respect" as the baseball cap fraternity would say, every time we were north of the border.

Nice to see your's on line, I saw if for sale on line originally.Good to see its gone to a good home.

Last edited by carsie on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colours Interior \ Exterior for the 420G   Colours Interior  \  Exterior for the 420G I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:06 pm

Talking of specials- on saloon data I saw one which is
black over gold. That's a nice combo I thought can't remember what
the interior colour was Question
Back to top Go down
carsie
Members

PostSubject: Re: Colours Interior \ Exterior for the 420G   Colours Interior  \  Exterior for the 420G I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:43 am

Ahh.. Davy ! you're selling your's- saw it on Fleabay awman Sad I recall you said you did deal in Classic's but not withstanding I hope you stick around.

Point the new owner this way won't you! Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Colours Interior \ Exterior for the 420G   Colours Interior  \  Exterior for the 420G I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:28 am

Just posted a 420G in the for sale section it was Opalescent Red seems it wasnt a standard colour ......
Back to top Go down
Car-Nut
Admin
Car-Nut

PostSubject: Re: Colours Interior \ Exterior for the 420G   Colours Interior  \  Exterior for the 420G I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:46 am

Just bringing this to the top for Creuse Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.jaguarmk10420gsymposium.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colours Interior \ Exterior for the 420G   Colours Interior  \  Exterior for the 420G I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colours Interior \ Exterior for the 420G
Page 1 of 1